getting from exe to Livecode

Michael Kann mikekann at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 08:48:24 EDT 2011

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/Programming/textscan/Freeware.htm

--- On Mon, 7/11/11, planix <dr.alistair at gmail.com> wrote:

From: planix <dr.alistair at gmail.com>
Subject: getting from exe to Livecode
To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
Date: Monday, July 11, 2011, 4:53 AM

Hi,

I have just discovered, after numerous changes of my operating system
(finally settled on Ubuntu) for various reasons, that I have deleted (doh!)
my latest version of an application that I was working on. I did do backups
and archive and all the rest but these files were worked on in a rush and I
obviously forgot to put them where they needed to be for capture (damn and
blast). I usually also print out a hard copy of the scripts that I am
writing but, wouldn't you know it, I didn't do that this time.

I do, however, have a windows exe file of the last version which I (happily
enough) emailed to a student to use in his project. I bet you can see where
this is going. Can anyone tell me whether there is a straightforward (not
necessarily simple) way of reverse engineering the exe file so that I can
get at the scripts?

cheers

Alistair Campbell
Townsville