[Android] Why so quiet? Who's developing Android apps?

John Allijn john.allijn at alice.nl
Mon Jul 11 02:04:07 EDT 2011

Hi,
Last week I released an android version of my iOS app 'READ'. In the summer academy i learned how to handle different screensizes in the code. Knowing that, android was easy. Now one stack runs on iPod, iPhone, Retina, iPad and Android.

READ is a very simple app. I'm now working on a messaging application. I design it to be cross platform and only use the functionality that is available on all platforms.
To get a more native look and feel I purchased MobGUI. Sure hope that there will be an android-update for that as well :)
The messaging app is (for me) quite difficult to write so it will probably cost me a few more months to get it up and running.

Here is READ in the android marketplace:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.allijn.read&feature=search_result

Developing for android is a nice-to-have. I don't have it myself, nor do i know anyone with an android phone. However, writing the code for your app is the hard part. If you can release it for another platform with only a few minor tweeks and very little cost, you should do it. You double your potential customers...

Regards,
John

Send from my iPad