defining and using globals in an application

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 9 06:05:56 EDT 2011

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

Andre Garzia wrote :

> I will have a global called
> gRecipeAppA and that will be an array, values will be inserted,
> queried for
> and deleted from this single shared array and collision will be
> avoided by
> naming it something almost unique.

Hmmmm ! - Never thought of that !

But doesn't that make your coding more obtuse, as you refer
to an element of the array by a number, and not by a name ?
(I never use arrays, as I can only think in one dimension,
which is why I have so many problems with "time". Arrays,
and other multi-dimensional concepts are way over my head !)

Of course, I begin to grab arrays when I have another (Irish)
Whiskey !

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"