defining and using globals in an application

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Jul 8 17:30:32 EDT 2011

Bob-

Friday, July 8, 2011, 9:46:18 AM, you wrote:

> Ic. Well if it worked that way, then there would be no point in
> declaring it's scope (forgive me if that is not the right term) to
> begin with, as all variables would only have one "scope" that being
> global. Maybe I'm not getting it.

No, I think I'm saying the same thing you are. Local variable have,
and should have, a local scope. They can't be seen or used or
otherwise accessed outside that scope. Bug global variables violate
that scope - they're always around poking their global noses into all
the other namespaces. You can have a local xyz in one script and a
local xyz in another script with no problem. But having a local xyz
and a global xyz both available in the same script just strikes me as
an accident waiting to happen.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net