defining and using globals in an application

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Fri Jul 8 15:26:22 EDT 2011

Folks,

I don't really know what the thread is about but since we're talking about
globals, I decided to share my own methodology regarding them.

I use globals in some stacks, specially the ones that are not plugins or
tools that will be used elsewhere. In my little app stacks, I tend to use
globals to share data because it is really easy but instead of using
multiple globals for multiple values, I will have a single global variable
per application and this variable will be a multi level array. So if my
application stack is called "recipe app", I will have a global called
gRecipeAppA and that will be an array, values will be inserted, queried for
and deleted from this single shared array and collision will be avoided by
naming it something almost unique.

:-)

that is how I do it... =)