color histogram?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Jul 8 05:22:06 EDT 2011

Thanks Jim. That is a blast from the past. In fact, I'm pretty sure I wrote
the first convolve matrix which Wilhelm used for his earlier work. I wrote
it to create blurred shadows for ButtonGaget and to help with some image
compositing.

I suspect I'll have to write my own imagedata parser and do the necessary
math. It takes time... ;-(

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 4:07 AM, Jim Ault <jimaultwins at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jul 7, 2011, at 11:08 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:
>
>  Hey guys, I'm building another education app for a state school system,
>> and
>> this time I'm creating a skinnable themed desktop, which kids can add
>> their
>> own wallpaper to. I'm wondering if anyone has a quick routine to calculate
>> the 'main' colors of an image-- so I could automatically theme the button
>> colors and some other objects.
>>
>> If not, I'll have to write my own. Thx.
>>

> You could take a look at Wilhem Sanke's ImageData Toolkit at
>    http://www.sanke.org/**MetaMedia/Samples.htm<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia/Samples.htm>
>
> and here is a blast from the past you might appreciate Chipp
>
> http://runtime-revolution.**278305.n4.nabble.com/ANN-quot-**
> Imagedata-Toolkit-2-quot-**released-td349536.html<http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/ANN-quot-Imagedata-Toolkit-2-quot-released-td349536.html>
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Jim Ault