Using groups as dialogs..

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Jul 8 05:03:16 EDT 2011

I, for sometime now, would like to be able to use groups as dialogs. This
would work well for iOS in particular where dialog windows really don't
work. With groups, they could navigate down as sheets and there's lot's of
neat effects which can be applied.

As many of you, I typically use stacks as dialogs and I can insert them 'in
process' as a function during a script, and use returned 'the dialogdata' to
do stuff with--> as explained a hundred years ago here: "Creating a reusable
dialog box"
http://www.altuit.com/webs/revCentral/Number7/default.htm

I'd like to have an easy way to be able to use a group 'dialog box' inside a
script and of course could not use a wait until mouseclick() or other cycle
stealing technique. I'd be interested to know if anyone has figured out how
to do this.

--
Chipp Walters
CEO, Shafer Walters Group, Inc.