defining and using globals in an application

Mark Stuart mstuart at adaptcrm.com
Thu Jul 7 11:36:13 EDT 2011

Hi all,
Well, I didn't expect such a passionate response from a lot of folk
about globals and related "containers" of variable values.
So point taken about globals. Very interesting ideas and concepts that I
very much appreciate, because I learned something today from y'all.

Stephen - interesting concepts from Andre.
Jerry J - many software development tools allow values of variables to
be passed to other "programs", functions, you name it, they are there.
Specifically, the one I use every day - MSE's eDeveloper and their new
version: uniPaaS. They allow the declaration of globals, which the
values can be obtained from anywhere in the entire application.
Jacqueline - are you saying that two different applications (as
executables or as .rev/.livecode stacks) using the same global name can
be referenced by one another, and share the same values? That's bizarre.
Francis - I like the concept. I will give it a go.
Richard - I like your concepts. I'll give it a go.