Setting up Mac LiveCode apps on an iPad ?

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 7 08:36:42 EDT 2011

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

When the iPad came out, I thought "WOW", with the
idea of carrying my LiveCode apps with me.
Then I found out that (of course), I had to pay for this
facility (OK - Business is Business !).
I don't really want to develop new apps on an iPad,
but move existing LiveCode apps to an iPad (mostly
data-base interrogation and update apps).
I decided to let things drop - I am retired, and I have
limited resources, and above all, I don't want to sell
anything I build. So I am a difficult client to please !
- and, of course, I have to pay for the iPad !

Now I have some questions :

If I pay $99 for iOS functions, can I move my existing
apps to an iPad? (reducing LiveCode windows to iPad
dimensions is my problem, I can do this !).
(in the "LiveCode for iOS" page, it says "FROM JUST $99",
and I have learned to add "but usually much more" to such
statements. !!
If I can move my apps to an iPad, and I update a file on
the iPad, can I download it back to my Mac ?
(Because some of my external files are big, maybe I
should put them up on my Run-Rev Server).
Assuming "Yes" to my first questions, what storage
should I choose for the iPad (16, 32, ....)?
What sort of conversion problems will I encounter ?
(an answer like - "none", "small" or "big" will suffice !)
What the hell is this Apple Development program ?
If I only develop apps for MY iPad, certainly not interested
in submitting apps to the "App Store", must I comply ?
Are there any other nasty surprises waiting for me if
I want to run my Livecode apps on an iPad ?

Thanks for any input (especially positive input !!)

-Francis