defining and using globals in an application

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Jul 7 01:18:05 EDT 2011

Hi Mark:

If I understand what you're looking for, there are other ways to get what
you want if you don't want to declare a global: you could use a custom
property or a function.

  the specialGlobalValue of this stack
  specialGlobalValue()

I disagree with your assessment of declaring globals as a "falldown" issue.
In fact, I would say it's the reverse.  When coming back to code after a
hiatus of development, or when looking at someone else's code, the fact that
the global is declared as such can clarify where its value originates from
(to my mind anyway).

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director