default textsize and textfont?

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jul 5 20:32:45 EDT 2011

On 06/07/2011 10:04 AM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> Terry Judd wrote:
>
>> Can't you just query the effective textFont and textSize of a 'virgin'
>> stack? On OSX this returns Lucinda Grande and 11 as it should.
>
> It would be nice if the engine's default matched the current OS system
> font default, but alas AFAIK the engine's default is Helvetica 14.
>
> In the LiveCode IDE a new stack will take on the settings of the Home
> stack, which the IDE sets at startup and as we need to do in our
> standalones.

Just looked in the LiveCode prefs (OSX) and the only place you seem to be
able to specify a font and size in in the Script Editor panel. On my
installation this is set to default and it's certainly showing up as Lucinda
Grande in the script editor.

I might be wrong but I don't think you can change the System font or size on
OSX without messing around using command line utilities. Things are probably
very different on Windows.

Terry...