[TEASER] Google OAuth 2.0 demo screencast

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Jul 5 00:56:33 EDT 2011

Hello Folks,

Today I managed to implement Google OAuth 2.0 authorization with LiveCode.
The library is very simple to use, it will authorize you but it will not
help you with the other thousand Google APIs. All it does is authorize
access to protected resources, you then access those resources using the
normal API for the given resource passing along the authorization code you
received.

To show it working, I have a little webcast where I use the library to
access my Google Contacts data. The Google Contacts API will return an XML
with the contacts.

http://andregarzia.com/shots/shell-20110705-1.webm
http://andregarzia.com/shots/shell-20110705-1.mp4

This OAuth 2.0 library is a part of my soon to be released "Social Networks
Library Suite". Most of Google services are already available thru OAuth
2.0. The new Google+ service has no API right now but Google will provide
one soon and it will be available thru OAuth 2.0 (all new Google APIs are).

The social network library suite will be dual licensed. Open Source
developers can use the library for FREE provide they abide by GPL rules.
Developers wishing to close their source will be able to buy a commercial
license.

The initial offering will (probably) be:

lib.aag.json
BSD License
A simple library for converting JSON to Revolution Arrays

lib.aag.google
GPL & Commercial
An OAuth 2.0 authorization library for Google Services

lib.aag.facebook
GPL & Commercial
An OAuth 2.0 authorization library for Facebook along a minimal wrapper to
help with their API

I will soon start a little fundraising campaing to help me develop these and
other libraries further.

Stay Tunned!
Andre Garzia
PS: Whats wrong with Twitter?!?! Argh, they keep changing stuff...