command "group" fails when objectList is a string

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 18:57:36 EDT 2011

Hi.

Here's an example of what  does work:

   group group id 342201 and group id 342165 and group id 342129

And what doesn't:

    put "group id 342201 and group id 342165 and group id 342129" into tString
    group tString

But shouldn't it work?

Which leads me to a second question. My workaround is:

  put "group group id 342201 and group id 342165 and group id 342129"
into tString"
  do tString

The LC docs say "do" can take time. And it does. But, any reasonable
guesses as to how long is safe? For now, I've experimented with:

  wait 0 milliseconds
  wait 50 milliseconds
  wait 500 milliseconds

Some too slow. Some work at times, and other times not.

But perhaps there's some unbeknownst to me LC command or property that
can help get around all this mess?

Thanks.

--
Nicolas Cueto