Upper/Lower case issue

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jul 2 12:42:45 EDT 2011

On 7/2/11 12:27 AM, Pete wrote:
> But they're not the same name - one is upper case and one is lower case.  LC
> made a decision to treat them the same since casesensitive doesn't apply to
> object names, but they are different by any other definition.

The entire engine is case insensitive, not just object names. That's why
we have a way to force case sensitivity for strings.

> I'm sure there are other ways to do this - with custom properties for
> example.  But I can't think of any practical downside to using the button
> names, although I'm ready to hear any.

I'm of the school that also avoids duplicate object names. In this case
I'd probably name the buttons with a space and a number after the
duplicate part of the name, and then when processing them, refer to
"word 1 of the short name of btn x" to get the necessary info.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com