System Date/Time Format Problems

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sat Jul 2 12:16:36 EDT 2011

Thanks Peter.  This and the strftime shell command will save me a lot of
time in formatting dates in LC!

But Im still faced with the problem of figuring out what the user's System
Preference settings are for the short, medium, long, and full date and time
formats.  I want to give them a preference that will allow them to set one
of those options for how they want dates/times displayed in my app, or have
a custom option that allows them to specify another format using the
date/strftime format strings conventions.

Incidentally, I added a problem report to the QC regarding the issues with
the various forms of the LC system date compared with the OS X system date
formats.

Pete