Enhanced QT External: Intel-Only?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Jul 1 19:56:02 EDT 2011

Jean,

You can use the lipo command line to make an Intel bundle. Enter the following in the terminal

lipo /path/to/EnhancedQT.bundle/Contents/MacOS/EnhancedQT   -thin i386 -output ~/desktop/enhqt

and press return. Make sure that you use the path to the actual executable rather than the bundle. Now copy the original bundle, remove the EnhancedQT executable from it and replace it with enhqt (which is on your desktop). Rename enhqt to EnhancedQT rename EnhancedQT copy.bundle into EnhancedQTx86.bundle.

After executing this line, execute

touch /path/to/EnhancedQTx86.bundle

This time you can use the path to the bundle instead of the executable. Now select the package EnhancedQTx86.bundle and press command-I. The info window should now state that you have an intel-only package.

I haven't tested the result but I expect it to work.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com