Linux standalone

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Mon Jan 31 16:15:13 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 15:20 -0500, Mike Arnold wrote:
> I am working on the multi-platform distribution of a simple application that uses revBrowser function.  The mac standalone (development system too) is working, Windows in about 95% (still haven't figured out how to handle separators & disabled items which seem to not work in Windows), but now that I am moving on to Linux, I am seeing more problems.  The Windows implementation of revBrowser had some interesting unique differences and it seems Linux does too.
>
> In particular, I create a substack and display a revBrowser window there with 'in-memory' html, the new substack window is empty.  Is there something I must do differently for Linux?
>
> thanks,
> Mike.

Hi Mike,

revBrowser doesn't exist for Linux :( That explains the blank window. If
you check the dictionary, you'll notice all the revBrowser stuff is only
for Windows and Mac.

As Richard suggests, when a browser object becomes available for Linux,
there will be some very happy Livecoders!

Best,

Warren