SPAM Square Up

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 13:32:14 EST 2011

On 01/31/2011 07:11 PM, form wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Peter Haworth<pete at mollysrevenge.com>wrote:
>
>> Don't know about these guys but the credit card processing market is full
>> of hidden charges - very much like cell phone plans.  For example, I get
>> charged $10/month as a "statement fee"!!!
>
> Now that's making a statement...
>
> I've got one of these Square readers in my pocket. Haven't had the
> opportunity to test it, and haven't felt like losing the cut they take from
> every transaction just to swipe my own card.
>
> Probably the biggest roadblock to its use is getting people to trust their
> credit card to it. Went to lunch with some co-workers and couldn't convince
> them to let me consolidate our shares of the cost with it. They preferred to
> pay me cash. (Now that I think of it, one of them was a little short, and
> now he's no longer with the company... DAMN!)

He was "a little short"; do I detect prejudice against PORGs (People Of
Restricted Growth)?

Credit cards have always struck me as iniquitous; spending money you
don't have and
then getting charged interest on it. Personally I always use my Debit
card (obviously,
for the benefit of lovers of the Brazil-Bulgaria Axis of Bentness (BBAB)
out there, I don't mean
a Bulgarian debit card) when I make online payments. No interest, and no
risk of spending money
I don't have . . .  :)

I, also, always do it via . . .

Tor : http://www.torproject.org

Call me "an*l", call me "over cautious"; but, frankly, I'd rather you
called me those things rather
than find that some member of the BBAB has been buying his girlfriend
thongs, or himself
leopard-skin posing pouches with my debit card . . .  :)