[OT] convert CWK to PowerPoint or OpenOffice

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jan 30 22:51:59 EST 2011

Thank you Marty, Paul, and esp. Thomas with this generous offer:

 > Richard, If you don't find a solution please feel free to send
 > them to me and I will be glad to convert them for you. I have
 > iWork and PPT but no longer have Appleworks. If I don't need
 > the AW and can open them in iWork then go ahead and send them
 > to me. I'm up for another hour or so here tonight.

For the moment we've decided to just print to PDF from the Mac and use
the PDF player's presentation mode to run it.  Since it just need to be
run on Window and not edited there, the PDF option works well for now.

Later on we'll migrate all of the old CWKs to a new format - and
definitely not one from a sole-source proprietary vendor, but will be
using OpenOffice for storage going forward.  At this point every serious
tool supports OO in an out, and being open source OO can never die.

Thanks again for the tips, and Thomas your generosity is much
appreciated here.

- Richard Gaskin
   Fourth World