LiveCode for e-book production

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 09:19:20 EST 2011

On Jan 29, 2011, at 10:31 AM, Javier Miranda V. wrote:

> Dear friends, can you please give me your opinions on using LiveCode
> for e-book production?.  I know LiveCode, being so powerful, can
> handle complex projects involving lots of logic and structures, but
> is it suitable / practical to use it for e-book production?.  The
> possibility of compile for the new mobile operating systems is
> something wonderful that I would like to to use coupled with the
> multimedia capabilities.
>
> I will be looking forward for your impressions about this.
>
> Saludos,
>
> Javier Miranda V.

If you're talking about a system to prepare ebooks for publishing in
various formats, I would be optimistic about LC's ability to manage
text processing -- that is one of its strengths. The question is
getting at the APIs for the ebook formats, unless you just want to
prepare plain text in a decent format to be uploaded as is. Others
will know more about the technical end of the various formats, but as
far as text and string manipulation goes, LC is very flexible and fast.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig