on-rev upload limits and Amazon S3 as an alternative

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Sat Jan 29 10:34:46 EST 2011

Hi Andre

I copied the stack script of Mark Smith's AWS libraries and with some
tweaking to make them conform to how rev server works I got it to work to
sign and Authenticated URL using HMACSHA1.

However I get the same result as when I use the Shell command, the signature
does not match.

So It seems I was going at this from the wrong angle.

I think the stringtosign I am using is wrong.  Mark Smith's library is using
the following as the string to sign.

GET\n
\n
\n

expiry\n
URI

I suspect that on-rev is sending a different set of headers than the string
to sign so when Amazon compares the GET request and the string that was
signed they don't match.

I tried to use libURLlastHTTPheaders() to see what headers are being sent
but that does not work with on-rev.

Does anyone know what headers are sent?

Should I set my own headers to conform with what amazon is expecting with
the on-rev header command?

Thanks.

Martin