Getting Contents of Multiple fields in order (Left-to-Right&Down)

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Sat Jan 29 00:17:56 EST 2011

Hi All...

I have a card with four fields. The field can be dragged around by the user. I want to get the contents of each field and put them all in one container.

My attempt is below. I attempted to sort the list of fld locations but that is susceptible to the y coordinate being above the previous field and throwing off the sort.

Here is what I tried:

on mouseUp
-- sort item 1 of the field locations
   put 1 into x
   put 2 into y
   put the number of lines in cd fld "data" into tCount
   repeat for tCount-1
      put item x of line x of cd fld "data" into tFirstTest
      put item x of line y of cd fld "data" into tSecondTest
      if tFirstTest > tSecondTest then
         put line y of cd fld "data" & return after cd fld "sortedData"
         delete line y of cd fld "data"
      else
         put line x of cd fld "data" & return after cd fld "sortedData"
         delete line x of cd fld "data"
         end if
      end repeat
      put line 1 of cd fld "data" after cd fld "sortedData"
      delete line 1 of cd fld "data"

-- sort item 2 of the fld locations
      put 1 into x
      put 2 into y
      put the number of lines in cd fld "sortedData" into tCount
      repeat for tCount-1
      put item y of line x of cd fld "sorteddata" into tFirstTest
      put item y of line y of cd fld "sorteddata" into tSecondTest
      if tFirstTest > tSecondTest then
         put line y of cd fld "sorteddata" & return after cd fld "Data"
         delete line y of cd fld "sorteddata"
      else
         put line x of cd fld "sorteddata" & return after cd fld "Data"
         delete line x of cd fld "sorteddata"
         end if
      end repeat
      put line 1 of cd fld "sorteddata" after cd fld "Data"
      delete line 1 of cd fld "sorteddata"

--put the field contents in the user's order
      put the number of lines in cd fld "data" into tCount
      put 1 into x
     repeat tCount
         put item 3 of line x of cd fld "data" into tTargetField
         put cd fld tTargetField of group "theFields" & " " after tWholeenchilada
         add 1 to x
      end repeat
      put tWholeenchilada
end mouseUp