Resizing text field with line of text and Dragging Objects in Group?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Fri Jan 28 18:36:55 EST 2011

Hi All!

I have two questions I've been struggling with. The first is related
to text fields. Is there a way to resize a text field that has a
single line of text in it so that it is as wide as the text inside
it?  My attempts have been to determine the number of characters in
the field and multiply that by some number to create the width of the
field. That doesn't work too well.

My second question is related to groups. I'm dragging some fields
around in a group and the group does not resize when i go beyond the
boundingRect of the group like I've read it should.

I'm setting the boundingRect to empty and setting the locklocation
property to false but when i drag the field to edge of the group it
disappears ;-)  ... i did see there were some issues with BoundingRect
described in previous posts...

Thank you!

John Patten
SUSD