File naming convention

form form at nonsanity.com
Thu Jan 27 14:15:52 EST 2011

I think the #2 option should be fine. Apple uses the .app extension for
folders, after all. (Not that humans ever see them...)

But how about this:

docs/
    help.txt.dir/
        index.html
        image1.png
    teapot.png.dir/
        index.html

to go with this:

apps/
    help.txt
    teapot.png

That way the names and structure matches, and the doc "folders" are tagged
as such to human eyes. As a bonus you could dump the contents of docs into
apps and there won't be any name conflicts and the items and their doc
folders will alphabetize next to each other. (Though in that case I might go
with .info instead of .dir)

 ~ Chris Innanen
 ~ Nonsanity