RevBrowserPrint Problems

Ray Horsley ray at linkit.com
Tue Jan 25 19:28:20 EST 2011

Greetings,

I'm printing a stack of 10 cards.  Cards 2, 4 and 6 display a URL via the
revBrowser commands while the others do not.  The following script does not
work since each time the revBrowserPrint command is called the script
continues to execute without waiting for the user to dismiss the print
dialog which revBrowser produces (and it's seems there's no way to suppress
the dialog).

on printStack
   repeat with C=1 to number of cards
      go cd C
      put the BrowserId of this cd into myId
      if myId is a number then
         revBrowserPrint myId
      else print this cd
   end repeat
end printStack

Wrapping the same kind of a script in 'open printing' and 'close printing'
also fails since revBroswerPrint seems to be oblivious to 'open printing'.
I've tried inserting an answer command to confirm printing each card.  This
seems to work but then even this gets ahead of the revBrowserPrint as the
answer dialog window starts coming up on top of a previously displayed print
dialog produced by revBrowserPrint which the user hasn't dismissed yet (and
need to dismiss first or printing gets out of order).

Anybody with any ideas on how to work around this?

Thanks,

Ray Horsley
LinkIt! Software