File naming convention

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Jan 25 14:01:52 EST 2011

To further complicate matters, in a server share environment, it is possible to copy files with bad characters to a server, and then have the server complain that it cannot find the file, or the file doesn't exist.

So follow the mantra, NEVER use ANY special characters in a file name. If fact, when naming anything destined for the network or internet, use only lower case and numbers and if you have to a normal dash. Avoid spaces where possible.

my 2¢

Bob