iOS Simulator Thinks It's an iPad?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Jan 24 01:55:00 EST 2011

Hey all, I'm having the reverse of the problem Colin recently had with the
iOS simulator.

Instead being unable to get the simulator to display in iPad format, I'm
unable to get it to display in iPhone/iPod format.  It's stuck in iPad
format when previewing an iPhone sized stack.  I've done all the expected
stuff: selected iPhone in the Hardware>Device menu, Reset Content and
Settings, triple checked the standalone settings of my stack (Supported
Devices: iPod and iPhone), restarted LC half a dozen times, and no matter
what, the simulator opens in iPad format.  The only way I've been able to
test my stacks is to enable 2x view in the iPad-sized simulator.

Any suggestions on how to get the simulator to forget the iPad settings?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design