usb driver problem

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Sun Jan 23 10:30:52 EST 2011

Claudi,

Ok, I downloaded your stack and am testing now. (Trivial: The Note would not go away with out error so I read it and then moved it out of the way.)

My Arduino code continuously loops sending the result of a simple math to the PC. So it returns 0 originally but if I send 1 it returns 2 and if I send 4 it returns 5 etc.

/dev/cu.usbmodem* = cu
/dev/tty.usbmodem* = tty

I tried
cu Driver -- "Opened OK" - LED blinking send - no receiving - send blinks receive LED on Arduino Uno
tty Driver -- HANGS - LED blink send - no receiving - no sending due to hang

cu File -- "Can't open that file" NO LED blinking - no receiving - no sending
tty File -- HANGS - LED blink send - no receiving - no sending due to hang

Tried again
cu File -- HANGS (unplug USB and plug back in) - receive data in buffer???
cu File -- "Opened OK" - HANGS (unplug/replug) - receive data - no sending since I just replugged it in

Not sure what this says to this issue.

I still think there is a buffer and or flow control problem and maybe still an EOF since that is what your code uses and I stopped using that in mine and was able to get a continuos read.

Thanks (more troubleshooting)

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net