usb driver problem

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Sun Jan 23 10:09:14 EST 2011

Jerry,

Maybe you can answer this? The Arduino ide prefers to use the cu.usbmodem* and some of the tests I have done in LC have shown that the tty.usbmodem* is the better choice for receiving data from the Arduino Uno and the cu.usbmodem* when trying to send. I am not sure what the difference between the two of them are and why LC prefers the tty for receiving and the cu for sending??? And my test are suspect to begin with due to a lack of understanding at the start into this wonderful world  of serial communications.

Plug and Play, My Donkey!!! ;-)

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net