Changiing the height of a stack

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sat Jan 22 18:38:13 EST 2011

Jacqueline,

...you said:

> But lockloc doesn't restrict that for any object.

I took that to mean that lockloc doesn't lock the top left of any object which is not what the dictionary says.  It wouldn't be the first time I've found inaccuracies in the dictionary so thought it worthwhile to confirm if it is correct or not on this issue.  Since I posted my comment, I've verified that the dictionary is correct.

This whole mess got started by me reading the following in the dictionary in the entry for the height property:

"If an object's lockLocation property is false, when you change its height, it shrinks or grows from the center. The object's top and bottom edges both shift, while the object's location property stays the same. If the object's lockLocation property is true, it shrinks or grows from the top left corner: the object's top edge stays in the same place, and the bottom edge moves."

I assume the word "object" includes stacks and cards in LC terminolgy, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Pete Haworth