Livecode IOS personnal + LiveCode Desktop commercial = 2 app ?

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Sat Jan 22 06:22:03 EST 2011

Bonjour Ludovic.

> Le 21 janv. 2011 à 22:41, J. Landman Gay a écrit :
>
>> On 1/21/11 5:43 AM, Ludovic Thébault wrote:
>>>
>>> I've a commercial licence of Livecode Desktop. I want to make an ios
>>> app, for me only (in first time). So if i bought the Livecode iOs
>>> personnal, i need to switch with the different app (one for develop
>>> for iOs, one for desktop app) ?
>> No, you can use the same app. You might have to re-license it the first time though.
>>
> Thanks. !

but there is a big CAVEAT!

I also have an enterprise desktop and a personal iOS license and got hit by this
when building a standalone!

Obviously you cannot license your LiveCode deskton app for BOTH of these editions!

When you license as Desktop then you can build standalones for the desktop as ususal.
BUT when building for iOS that standalone will be treated a an UNLICENSED TRIAL
version with all restrictions (nag screen and time limited!)

When you license as Personal iOS version, then you can build standalones for iOS.
BUT when building for desktopn these standalones are treated as if build with the
UNLICENSED TRIAL version of LC with all restrictions (nag screen etc.).

So you need to relicense LC everytime you want to build for the desktop or iOS,
which is absolutely ridiculous to say the least!

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major