Object Prefixation

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:19:07 EST 2011

On 01/21/2011 09:44 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> I'm probably missing something really obvious here but why do you need a naming convention for controls?  You already refer to them by what type of control they are (field "xyz", button "abc").  I'll disclose that I'm influenced by the development method I use where the name of a control defines various of its characteristics.

Aaah; well, if you are as warped as I am . . .

I ALWAYS use images as buttons, as I like to guarantee a unified
look-and-feel
as well as font consistency cross-platform.

I have been known to used graphic objects, video-payers and even fields
as buttons.

Therefore, I, amongst others, might choose to use prefixes not to
indicate what controls
actually are, but what they are used for!