umask

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 13:47:11 EST 2011

On Jan 20, 2011, at 2:12 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 1/20/11 10:21 AM, Peter Brigham MD wrote:
>> On Jan 17, 2011, at 9:29 AM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:
>>
>>> For example the entry about the selectionChanged message claims that
>>> it's not triggered by arrow keys, but it is.
>>
>> Not on my machine -- MacBook, OSX 10.5.8, Rev Studio 4.0.0-gm-1,
>> build
>> 950. Arrowkeys don't trigger selectionChanged. Maybe it's different
>> in 4.5?
>
> The field needs to have focus first.

If the insertion point is in the field then it has focus, right?

I just double-checked: created a new mainstack, put a new field in it,
put some text into it, and put this in the field script:

on selectionchanged
    beep
end selectionchanged

and when I click anywhere in the text to change the insertion point I
get a beep, but when I use the arrowkeys to move the insertion point I
get no beep, just a silent shift of the insertion point.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig