[ANN] animationEngine 4.0

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Wed Jan 19 13:31:40 EST 2011

Dear fellow Livecoders,

I am happy to announce the immediate availability of animationEngine 4.0

http://www.runrev.com/downloads/marketplace/animation_engine/4_0_0/animationengine4.zip

tiny URL for linewrap breaks: http://tinyurl.com/4zg9xc5

Product page: http://runrev.com/store/product/animation-engine-4-0-0/

Version 4 of animationEngine ensures compatibility with iOS devices and, as far as possible, compliance with Apples AppStore.

AppStore compliance:

We rewrote parts of AE, that could potentially cause applications using AE to be rejected. Everything inside AE behaves like a nice appstore citizen now.

Multitouch constrained dragging:
Previous versions of AE relied on mouse messages being sent to constrained controls using either the constrainLinear, constrainCircular, constrainRectangular or constrainElliptical properties. Major parts of the library have been reworked to support constrained dragging of controls on iOS devices. The implementation in AE 4 now allows dragging multiple controls at the same time on iOs devices. No changes to the syntax were necessary. You can simply set any of the constrain properties and have all of them react on the device.

New command aeScrollTo:

The command aeScrollTo has been introduced into animationEngine. This command allows to scroll a group or field in both x and y direction at the same time.

aeScrollTo pControl,pNewHScroll,pNewVScroll,pDuration,[pMethod]

the first parameter is a long reference to a group or field
pNewHscroll and pNewVScroll are the desired new values for the scroll of the control
pDuration is the time needed to reach the new scroll value in milliseconds
pMethod: the easing method used to calculate the transition or empty. Valid methods are: in,out,inOut,bounce or overshoot

Changes to aeEnterFrame and aeExitFrame:

Both messages are now being sent with an additional parameter that holds the command that called aeEnterFrame or aeExitFrame.

Specific Bug fixes:

In previous versions of animationEngine setting the constrainLinear of a control did not reset the other constraining properties. This could cause execution to halt with a recursion limit reached error.

The price for existing users is USD 55 / 33 pounds / 39 Euro. You can upgrade from any version of animationEngine or arcadeEngine.

If you bought a retail version of animationEngine (means that was not part of a special offer or bundle) after Sept. 30th 2010 you are entitled to a free upgrade. If you do not automagically receive a new registration code, please get in touch, quoting your purchase order number, so I can get you updated.

I am now officially putting on the party hat!

Cheers all.

Malte