File Suffix

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Wed Jan 19 00:02:47 EST 2011

I take it you don't like the .livecode suffix very much.

Quite frankly, I think there are many of us that don't either. But we've
also found it's perfectly acceptable to use ".rev" and the stacks will still
operate without a problem.  The only time we see the IDE add the suffix is
on the creation of a new stack, and easy to fix with a script, or by hand.

I don't like long suffixes, for sure. They take too much room in a listing
and makes it harder to read with all that repetition. Often the suffix would
be longer than the actual file name in this case.

I am sure the mother ship has good intentions in this move - it gets the
name of the product out there and we're all for that.

But certainly an offense not worth bad feelings and tarring and feathering.