File Suffix

Cal Horner calhorner at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jan 18 23:27:53 EST 2011

I noticed in the forum a few digests ago that one of the members was looking
for conventions to use in coding and object naming, etc. And from my
experience with Runrev and now LC stacks the people on this forum try to use
some form of convention naming. Even if it isn't pure Hungarian notation.

I think I can say that we all have reached some degree of professionalism.

So, my question is "Who the H*** decided, in their little pea-brain, that
they would break the convention (that has been around since Pontius was a
Pilot) of a filename, a period (a full-stop for all you commonwealth people)
and then finally a three character suffix."?

Don't you think that this git should be taken out and tarred and feathered?

How are we going to work around this. Who's got the hack that allows us to get back to some semblance of sanity. And How about sharing it.