usb driver problem

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Tue Jan 18 17:55:53 EST 2011

Claudi,

yes and No. There is a driver that gets loaded on Leopard but it is not loaded in snow Leopard. They changed the way the Arduino Uno gets connected.

"Open up the serial monitor (or any other terminal program) and use single-keystroke commands to control stepper motor speed, direction, and power."

This is a snippet from a motor Controller board but the hint here is that the terminal program can access and send serial commands so maybe that is a way around this issue.

The Snow Leopard way is that the Arduino shows up in Network Pane as a Modem. But it does not show up as one of the serial ports in Sarah's Serial Test project.

I can install the Leopard driver and try that and or try the direct terminal and see about that next.

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net