usb driver problem

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Mon Jan 17 09:18:28 EST 2011

Sarah,

There are drivers for older version of OS but it says that in OSX it shows up as a modem with no driver needed as in the Network pane in the device List in system preferences under the Airport Ethernet etc. list items.

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net

On Jan 17, 2011, at 12:10 AM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> Are there drivers? For KeySpan and other USB serial adapters, you have
> to install the drivers before they will work properly.
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah
>

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Thomas McGrath III <mcgrath3 at mac.com> wrote:
>> The dev/tty.usbmodem1a21 does not show up in the list using the SerialTest.rev stack.
>>
>> It does show up in the Arduino software Serial list. Also in the Arduino you have to use the tty.usbmodem1a21. Also when you plug the Arduino in the Mac detects a new modem and asks to set it up in Internet preferences pane. hit apply and then it shows up in Arduino.
>>
>> When i use marks make board software the /dev/cu.usbmodem1a21 does show up or at least when I took out just that part of his code that searches the drivers.
>>
>>        put OSXDeviceNames() into tFiles
>>        filter tFiles WITH "/dev/cu.usbmodem*"
>>
>> Sorta stuck now figuring this out.
>>
>> -- Tom McGrath III
>> http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
>> 3mcgrath at comcast.net

>>> When you get the driverNames, you should get a list of lines with
>>> three comma-separated items per line. Here is a sample of what I get
>>> with a KeySpan USB-serial adapter connected:
>>>
>>> KeySerial1,/dev/tty.KeySerial1,/dev/cu.KeySerial1
>>> USA28X1a2P1.1,/dev/tty.USA28X1a2P1.1,/dev/cu.USA28X1a2P1.1
>>> USA28X1a2P2.2,/dev/tty.USA28X1a2P2.2,/dev/cu.USA28X1a2P2.2