usb driver problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 17 01:06:57 EST 2011

On 1/16/11 10:37 PM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:
> The dev/tty.usbmodem1a21 does not show up in the list using the
> SerialTest.rev stack.
>
> It does show up in the Arduino software Serial list. Also in the
> Arduino you have to use the tty.usbmodem1a21. Also when you plug the
> Arduino in the Mac detects a new modem and asks to set it up in
> Internet preferences pane. hit apply and then it shows up in
> Arduino.

If the Mac thinks it's a modem, I'd try using "open file" as Mark
Waddingham suggested. Specify "modem:" and set the serialControlString.
He did mention that the drivernames aren't always accurate on OS X.

If that doesn't work, use "open file" with the "/dev/" path. I'm not
sure which path would work, I guess you'd need to test them all.
Basically the one that works in Terminal should work in LiveCode.

Did you try talking to it in Terminal? Does that work?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com