Setting visibility on start up

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Jan 15 19:10:12 EST 2011

Calvin-

> Hi,

> I need some guidance of the LC parlance when making objects
> visible/invisible on start up.  I've tried some experiments, but nothing
> works.

Hmmm... startup of a standalone app or startup in the IDE? In the
script of the first card of the stack (not in the stack script itself)
you can do the following:

on startup
  -- the startup message is only sent to standalone apps
  -- make some things invisible
  -- set the visible of someObject to false
  -- set the visible of group lotsOfObjects to false
end startup

on preOpenStack
  -- this one works in the IDE
  -- make some things invisible