How to uninstall Livecode from a Linux system

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Jan 15 17:30:45 EST 2011

Glen-

> Hello everyone,

> Are there standard steps in properly uninstalling Livecode for a Linux
> system (I'm using Fedora 13).

> I know I can delete files but I would like the menu to not show  Livecode if
> it is not installed.

I'm not in front of my Fedora system at the moment, but from memory if
you navigate into the folder where it's installed (if you opted for
"all users" it's in /opt/runrev) you'll find an executable program
that is not livecode. Run that from a commandline with an argument of
"/uninstall". That *should* uninstall it, including the menu item.
And, of course, you'll need to su to do this.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net