problem importing tab delimited text files

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 17:21:35 EST 2011

Hi all

I have a table of data in an excel spreadsheet.40 rows x 30 columns approx.
I save the file as a tab delimited text file for import into LC.
I import the file and its empty - nothing there in LC.
I open the text file in Notepad and save it again, making no changes.
I import the same file into LC again and all the data is where it should be.

My question is what could be preventing LC from importing an 'Excel' text
file (or perhaps failing to detect the information it contains) since there
are no errors generated.

I thought that this problem was an aberration on my part but no it has
reappeared this evening.

Using LC 4.5.1 on Win 7

--
Regards