Required: shell scripting wizard!

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Fri Jan 14 15:31:05 EST 2011

Hmmm... I wander if simply polling for an environmental variable change will
work. In the current case I know that LiveCode is open - I just want the
external command line program to redirect the browser call back to Livecode
and not open up another browser.

On 14 January 2011 16:11, Mike Bonner <bonnmike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah. Maybe a plugin thats set to start with LC that listens to a socket?  Or
> checks an env variable ever so often, or a file for changes, or a
> combination of these such as hit a listening port in your plugin and check
> file/var whatever.
>
> As for the multiple instances problem, if you go with the plugin route,
> could have it create a tmp file to indicate running status, delete it on
> close so you know whether to start up rev or not.

NB - on OSX you use "launch" rather than "start"....

Makes me think though is there any way to have a compiled Livecode app act
as a cli?