data transfer with webDAV

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Thu Jan 13 13:38:35 EST 2011

Hi Jack,

On Mac or Windows, you can navigate to files on a mounted WebDAV server like you
would to a file on any other mounted volume (e.g. external HD).

     answer file "Pick a file:"
     if it = empty then exit to top
     put it into fld "pickedFileName"

If you do this once, then you'll see the path as LC sees it and can move forward
from there.

On Mac, mounted webDAV servers are listed in "the volumes" and can be treated
like any other mounted drive.
On Windows 7 (after you have modified registry settings so it lets you use
webDAV servers), webDAV server names don't show up in "the volumes" as far as I
can tell. But you can access files on a mounted webDAV server by using the
file's UNC path, like this (after LC converts the slashes):

     //projects.myserver.com/DavWWWRoot/MountedVolumeName/MyFolder/MyFile.pdf

I forget exactly how webDAV access works on earlier Windows versions, but it's
all doable. (Digging around...) Here's the step-by-step I set up for the
customers of one client - use at your own risk, but I've never received a
trouble report on it:

     http://projects.nweta.com/

Maybe these hints will get you started.

Phil Davis