Update screen during lengthy process

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Jan 12 03:13:55 EST 2011

You might look at either (1) breaking your long process into a series of smaller
handlers executed one after the other by "send <nextHandlerName> to me in 6
ticks" at the end of each one; or (2) put some "wait 6 ticks with messages"
statements at various places in your long handler.

I usually do (1) instead of (2) if I can. I believe either approach will allow
some interaction during the process - but it still may not give you what you want.

Phil