Software Order Processing Service?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Jan 9 19:25:55 EST 2011

Recently, Peter Haworth wrote:

> Here's another thought.  I currently generate a reply to emails I get from
> PayPal re purchases by using a Rule in the Mac Mail client.  It's just a
> simple courtesy to let them know I got the order soon but he Mac Mail rules
> have an option to run an Applescript on the selected incoming emails so for
> those people who know Applescript, it would probably be possible to generate a
> registration code and send an email with it in.  I did something similar once
> which generated an email with an attached file dependant on the PayPal product
> code in the incoming email.

Thanks Pete.

I've done this in the past, running an online game that generated software
codes (a Rev stack generated a unique serial number based on an incoming
email rule).  It's a bit fragile, but there is a benefit of having all your
processing technologies (email rules, LiveCode stacks, etc) local.

In fact, it just occurred to me I have a few spare computers here so I could
have a system devoted solely to order processing.  Thanks for jogging my
thinking about this option.  Will still investigate PHP scripts as well.

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design