cREVGeneral

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Sun Jan 9 09:32:50 EST 2011

I'm stripping a few things out of the automagically created custom
properties before exporting stacks as text files. This is the handler I'm
using to strip:

command objectArray_CleanGeneral @customArray
>    delete local customArray ["cREVGeneral"]["bookmarks"]
>    delete local customArray ["cREVGeneral"]["handlerList"]
>    delete local customArray ["cREVGeneral"]["scriptSelection"]
>    delete local customArray ["cREVGeneral"]["prevHandler"]
>    delete local customArray ["cREVGeneral"]["tempScript"]
>    delete local customArray ["cREVGeneral"]["script"]
>    delete local customArray ["cREVGeneral"]["scriptCheckSum"]
>
>    delete local customArray ["cREVGeneral"]["breakpointconditions"]
>    delete local customArray ["cREVGeneral"]["breakpoints"]
>    delete local customArray ["cREVGeneral"]["breakpointstates"]
>    delete local customArray ["cREVGeneral"]["stackfileversion"]
>
>    delete local customArray ["cREVGeneral"]["scripteditorselection"]
>    delete local customArray ["cREVGeneral"]["scripteditorvscroll"]
> end objectArray_CleanGeneral

Does anyone with further info about the innards of the Rev IDE know which
properties are safe to strip? The aim is to store everything you need to
safely recreate an exact copy of the stack, but not things that may change
from day to day that have no real significance, and get recreated easily by
the IDE.

Another, and in fact better way to do the same thing would be to intercept
the call to fetch the custom property or write to it and save the
information instead to a text file directly and not affect the stack. Again
I am not familiar enough with the way the IDE works (yet) to know if there
is a simple entry point (ACID handlers) that i can change - or if I need to
really go through every script to change how the data is fetched - any
ideas?