Software Order Processing Service?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Jan 8 17:23:23 EST 2011

Hey List Members:

Does anyone have a recommendation for an inexpensive service that provides
automated processing of software orders -- once an order is completed and
approved, a reg code is sent to the user's email address.

I don't have high volume, but the "manual labor" process I've been using for
years is getting tiresome and I figure by now there must be an affordable
better way.  Years ago when I was searching for options, I saw a few
services that worked with fees based on percentage of software cost.  This
seemed odd to me because whether the software cost 1 dollar or 1000 dollars,
there's no difference in the service provided: approve the transaction, send
a reg code.  I guess I could understand the fee if the service provider
acted as the bank as well, but I assumed transactions were handled by a
separate credit processing company (maybe not).

Anyway, thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design