[OT] Table Creation Syntax + Visual SQL Query Builder // A GREAT Mac Cocoa MYSQL tool - Donationware

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Jan 6 16:20:25 EST 2011

Good to know Peter. I have been working on a Table Merge function for some time, and one of the features is to be able to isolate the SQL for creation of a table, allow the user to pick which columns to merge between the tables, ant then if necessary, create the table in the destination database with the columns that the user selected. So a method for producing the exact syntax for table and column was essential to this.

It's still buggy, but functional. I keep going back through and reworking things, mainly interface issues. But the code to actually create new tables and insert columns into existing ones identical to the source columns is all intact. It's been a fun project and has taught me a lot about SQL, specifically the subtle differences in syntax, which SQL was supposedly going to eliminate when it was first conceived.

Bob