Getting a public IP address when connected to a router

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Jan 5 13:28:42 EST 2011

I'm half French, and I have my own saying: "The solution to a problem cannot be any simpler than the problem itself". It may not in fact be true, but it sounds pithy.

But seriously, I would love for all my stacks to have one magical one-liner that does everything I want them to. The trouble is, the problems I am trying to solve don't lend themselves to that.

To the server, it has no idea that your IP address is "you". All software starts out deaf, dumb and blind. Developing software is a lot like teaching a retarded person to cook breakfast. Except in the case of LiveCode, the retard already knows where the eggs, bacon, bread and butter are. But you still have to teach him how to make everything the way you like it.

Sorry everyone, I just love analogies.

Bob